Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Adventures in metal and ribbon

After participating in my first Bead Soup Blog Party I have been inspired to reach out of my comfort zone and try new beading methods. Two mediums I had wanted to try were using ribbon and/or metal.

   I decided to try out these mediums on a necklace for my mother in laws birthday, I needed a piece to match a knitted long vest. After talking to her I found out that she liked the color purple. The yarn I used was a self striping off white, blue and purple (I forgot to take pictures). I needed to find a way to bring out the purple in the yarn and first found the small purple beads. Then I introduced in the black ribbon and metal beads, focal and clasp.
 

I was so excited to get started I laid out the design at work then realized I should take pictures so as not to forget the design.


   After I returned home I realized that the black would not work for the piece as it was to dark. So I dug threw my sewing stash to find a light cream/off white colored ribbon. Then I realized that no matter what the ribbon was not going to fit threw any of the beads. So back to my jewelry stash where I found a length of chain. Below are pictures of the finished piece.


2 comments:

  1. Nice design Candice and I'm sure your Mother-in-law is going to love the necklace.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry it has taken so long to reply. Thanks she enjoys it and is always telling people about it.
    Candice

    ReplyDelete