Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Reuse, reduce and recycle

I firmly believe that I am not a hoarder, I just keep allot of things that should be thrown in to the recycling. I do not go shopping often (I do love a good thrift store and there are three close to my house) and rarely do I take things out of other peoples trash (I had to have a table once it is perfect in my sons room).  That said as a baby my son was a formula baby from about 3 months - 1year. I instantly took a liking to the formula cans (we used both round and square) believing that they would eventually be made into lights. Instead I now use them to hold girly personal items and toilet paper in my bathroom.
The before stacked formula cans, and a wooden shelf. The formula cans were stripped of all labels then decoupaged with scrapbook paper. To blend them with the shelf/room color they were then dry brushed with the wall color.  The shelf I had bought to be a coat holder in our old house but never used. So I primed/painted and antiqued it. ( I used a coffee and varnish combo to slightly darken the shelf)

Here are the finished products for you viewing pleasures:

No comments:

Post a Comment