Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Knitting for Charity

I have always tried to find a way to give back to those who are in need. A handful of change, some canned goods for the food drive, a simple smile and listening to those who just need to talk. In the last week I recieved an email from The Studio one of our area yarn shops in it was an article about their first quarter first service project Booties and Bonnets for babies benefiting the NICU at Truman Medical Center. This instantly caught my attention what a wonderful group to knit for baby stuff is so much fun to create, and in the group of babies preemies truly need all the warmth and love they can get. 
With this knowledge I headed first to the internet for preemie patterns. Something simple that could be modified latter and as usual I found a pattern on Knitting Pattern Central ( I am useing the Preemie Eyelet Hat). Then I headed to my yarn stash to look for all those little balls of yarns that are just not enough for anything but the smallest of hats. This is what I found:



Yarn in only two places (I "believe" that I can find a way to put everything away). I already had a pretty good idea of what was where but decided to organize the yarn into categories (I "dream" of an organized craft space that any ocd person would be proud of).





Divided into categories and placed back on shelves. All this to reveal just what I was looking for the bits and pieces of left over yarn:






I knew I had a few bits and pieces but this should keep me busy for a while (at least until March 31st) Please check in to see my progress...
First four completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment